A new Town of Gray Fireworks Ordinance which was adopted by the Gray Town Council on May 15th goes into effect on June 14, 2018.
Town of Gray Ordinance 209 – Fireworks Ordinance, will put restrictions and limitations on days/times that consumer fireworks can be used in the Town of Gray.
As summer rapidly approaches, it is important to be mindful of these new changes in effect as the Town of Gray’s Administration and Enforcement Officials are now authorized to issue violation fines, or may seize and dispose fireworks of those not in compliance.
- Consumer Fireworks may only be set off during the following days/times:
- July 3rd: 12:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M
- July 4th: 12:00 P.M. until 11:00 P.M.
- Saturday following July 4th From 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M
- Saturday preceding Labor Day weekend From 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M
- Labor Day weekend Saturday From 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M
- 9:00 AM on December 31st until 12:30 A.M. on January 1st
- January 1st from 12:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M.
- No fireworks shall be set off on any day with a Fire Danger Class of 3, 4, or 5. Any person(s) setting off fireworks shall be responsible for verifying the Fire Danger Class on any day that consumer fireworks are set off.
- No person shall use, display, throw, drop or cause to set off any consumer fireworks or fireworks within any public way or within 50 feet of a public way.
- No person shall use, display, throw, drop or cause to set off any consumer fireworks or fireworks within 75 feet of any building or structure.
Questions may be directed to the Town of Gray Code Enforcement Office.